How do I know if I need a root canal?
One of the most common indicators of the need for root canal therapy is a toothache that goes from bad to excruciating. This is usually a sign of an infected tooth, and a root canal will not only eliminate your pain, but it will also save your tooth. At our Galloway, OH practice, you are in good hands should you need a root canal. You should also know: The procedure itself is no worse than getting a filling given today’s modern dentistry.
In addition to a toothache, you might have some of the following symptoms that indicate you might need a root canal:
- Tooth pain when you bit down
- Swelling or tenderness in the area near the affected tooth; swelling can also spread to other areas of the face or neck
- A white bump or pimple on the gums near the affected tooth
- Sensitivity to heat or cold
- Discoloration of the affected tooth
Don’t put off going to the dentist if you think you might need a root canal because a root canal will more than likely save your tooth, which is always the best option.
Give us a call today if you are experiencing any of the signs or symptoms that you might need a root canal.